MIRAGE HARDWOOD FLOORS
Note that we can only supply this product into the Sudbury area and North.
The Price for Mirage Hardwood Flooring is based on four things
- Wood Species:
Oak, Maple & Birch are the least expensive domestic species, with cherry and American Black Walnut maybe $1-1.50/per foot more expensive.
Exotic woods like tigerwood, African & Santos Mahogany and Brazilian Cherry are on par with cherry and walnut when pricing out the same width of flooring. Mirage manages to keep the pricing lowered for exotic woods by creating only engineered wood flooring in these tropical species.
Engineered construction allows them to make 3 square feet of flooring for the same amount of exotic wood it would take to create one square foot of solid hardwood. A good green initiative to make better use of our natural resources and yet still give you the client the same durable wear layer of a solid wood floor. Remember the working layer of real wood is 4mm thick on Mirage Engineered Hardwood, not just a wallpaper thin veneer like many of the imports.
- Width of Floor:
This is the single biggest line item that affects pricing. Least expensive floor is 2.25" or 2.5" in width, then 3.25" and on up to 5 & 6" wide African Mahogany as the most expensive option.
- Stained or Natural:
A stained floor will typically cost about $.50-.75/foot more than its "natural" cousin, after all it has to go through one extra finishing step.
- Construction Method: Classic solid wood, Engineered or Floating
Classic and engineered flooring is quite similar in pricing so not a reason to buy one or the other. A floated floor is slightly less costly but the savings are more related to self-installation than a reduced product cost.
Bottom Line on Pricing:
- domestic woods, in natural colours 2.5" wide are the least costly and run +/- $6.00/foot
- Contrary to what some of our competitors would like you to believe, 90% of Mirage Hardwood Floors are between $6.00 & $8.50 per foot
- The MOST COSTLY Mirage Hardwood Floor, in Exotic African Mahogany 5" wide plank is $9.95/foot. We don't have any wood floors over $10.00 per foot.
- Add to this, that Mirage Floors have NO waste and that saves you another 10-20% on the cost when you don't have to pay for firewood.
I know, because after selling 15 brands of hardwood flooring for over 30 years of business I've seen hardwood flooring stuffed into a box and sold that I wouldn't install in my back shed... this is the "extra" wood or "wastage" that some stores suggest you need, not because of installation waste, but rather because of inaccurate milling and thus getting culled out at the time of installation.
How Do You Save Money?
- Buy Mirage, and you won't have to replace it in your lifetime (OK I'm VERY biased, but for good reason!)
- Do your own measuring. Know what you need in square footage! Add one box for trimming and for replacement boards down the road but that should be it!
Had a customer in the other day that had been told she needed 900 square feet, we finished the same job with only 760 square feet, explain that math????? We saved her $1500 according to her calculations and she bought the best hardwood flooring on the market.
- Count the boxes of flooring on delivery.
Keep the industry honest by knowing you got what you paid for.
- Come see us, ...
For more information..
NOTE: we can only sell Mirage flooring into the Sudbury District as a condition of our distribution agreement.